1. DayLight Savings: Get your sleep
-Most adults need about 7-8 hours of sleep. This is essential to your health because without those hours, you cannot perform the next day. This could mean being sluggish, sleepy, or not focused at school, the gym, your workplace, and/or keeping up with your children at home. I know for me I get really sluggish at work if I don’t sleep enough and my energy levels are very low. This month we will lose a hour of sleep which is going to be so hard for me. But save time and gradually go to sleep 30 minutes earlier and then you will not be so far behind!
2. Allergy Season
-I am pretty sure most of you have terrible allergies but you can try to fix this without the hassle! Try healthy foods that are anti-histamines. Histamines is a chemical found in some of the body cells and a part of our immune system that comes out around allergic reactions. Some foods are fruits, apples, garlic, parsley, tomatoes, broccoli, berries, lettuce, and wine 🙂
3. Start your spring cleaning early!
-This way you are more prepared. The more prepared the better right?
- Begin with one section of your house rather then craming
- Change air filters: It will prevent those allergies I spoke about (can be found at Walmart, Home Depot, Lowes, etc.
- Throw away anything that is not beneficial to this new season of your life (relationships, old food, poor habits, etc) and start ANEW! New seasons allow for new reasons!
4. Gardening your FRUITS and VEGETABLES
- Some healthy eating tips during this time is to grow your own mini garden. The best time to grow fruits and veggies too! It can take a while to grow but as long as you keep an eye on them the process will be over sooner than you think. It sounds boring but it is healthy for you if you need to calm your mind, AND it is inexpensive! Some people make this a hobby and a way to tend to their self-care. You are in control and gardening puts you in charge. You;ll also end up with fresh fruits and vegetables for your smoothies, lunch, and dinner. Yummy right 🙂
- Some fruits and veggies to start with include:
www. fruitsandveggiesmorematter.org for more!
5. Take care of yourself! I think this is my my favorite tip of them all!
-Get a haircut
-Go on a nature walk
-Buy a new journal
-Go to the movies with your family
-Find a new hobby or start a hobby you’ve been thinking about for quite sometime
-Get involved at your local gym for physical activity tips
THIS IS YOUR SEASON!