Here is a recipe I tried from Cafe Delites, my favorite place to get recipe ideas from. Her recipes are easy, inexpensive, and healthy too! This is a dish you typically see at restaurants too. It was so good and it tasted like it came from a restaurant lol. But really check below how I made it. Be sure to tweak it to your best liking and remember to share it with me!
2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts (half these horizontally to make 4 of them)
2 tbs of whole wheat flour
2 tbs of grated Parmesan cheese
1 tsp sea salt
4 tbs unsalted butter
2 tbs olive oil or avocado oil
4 garlic gloves chopped fine
1/4 cup dry white wine
3/4 cup chicken stock
2 tbs lemon juice
1/4 cup capers
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- In a low shallow bowl add the flour and parmesan cheese. Blend this altogether. Season chicken with salt and pepper, front and back. Dip chicken in flour and cheese mixture, shake off excess and set aside on a plate.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tbs butter and 1 tbs olive oil on medium heat. Fry 2 pieces of chicken first until it is cooked through, it should be golden on both sides. Transfer to a warm plate.
- Melt 1 tbs butter and 1 tbs olive oil. When it is hot fry the remaining chicken until brown on both sides. Transfer all chicken to a plate.
- In the same pan, melt 1 tbs butter. Fry the garlic for 30 seconds or until fragrant. Add wine and let it boil, be sure to scrape any brown remains from the bottom of the pan for flavor. Cook until wine almost evaporates and bubbles. Stir.
- Pour in stock, lemon juice, and capers and let it boil a tad for about 5 minutes. Add salt and pepper if needed for taste.
- Add remaining butter to pan, allow to melt, and then add chicken back into the pan. Be sure to flip both sides of the chicken so they both sides have sauce on them. Let it cook for about 5 minutes. Add half lemon wedges and garnish with parsley.
- Serve with rice if you’d like. Enjoy!