I had this ground turkey in the freezer and I am like what am I going to do with this. I initially bought it for ground turkey chili, but I changed my mind. I named these homemade turkey burgers I made from scratch MindBodySpirit Turkey Burgers! They were so yummy but I was afraid how they were going to come out because I never made anything from scratch before without following a recipe. They still turned out great, check out below how I made these! I do not know the exact measurements so I guesstimated this time around! Trust me though!
Two containers of ground turkey (not sure exact size, but pretty standard)
1/3 cup of bread crumbs
Two organic large eggs (you can use regular eggs of course)
Salt & pepper to taste
Half of a green pepper (minced or crush, I used a food processor for this)
Half of yellow onion (minced or crushed, I used a food processor for this )
1 tsp of Worcestershire sauce
- In a large mixing bowl, dump the turkey meat in. Add all of the ingredients to the bowl at once.
- Use your hands to mix, until you get an even texture.
- Add your olive oil to a skillet or a non-stick pan on medium heat.
- Use your hand to shape the burgers about a 1/3 circle size, depending on how thick you like them. I made mine pretty thick. I ended up making six turkey burgers.
- Place them in the skillet and let them cook for 3-5 minutes on each side about twice. The best thing about this is that the meat was still soft which is what makes turkey burgers so good.
- Once complete, place them on a plate and line with paper towel. Let them cool for 3-5 minutes.
These burgers turned out extremely delicious and full of flavor! You don’t even need a bun or any type of sauce with it. I served this with Brussel sprouts and used them as a food prep meal. It was really easy and the ingredients are inexpensive, and usually ingredients that you have at home already. Make these and add your own twist! Thanks guys! I will try to make more recipes from scratch. It was fun following my own flow because I was motivated to see how it would turn out, I hope it is the same for you!