Hello everyone! I got this healthy pumpkin pie recipe from Clean & Delicious youtube channel. Her recipes are awesome! I made this for Thanksgiving and you can add this for Christmas and the New Year for your family. I can’t believe I got my family to try this. Everyone was required to try the dessert and they went pretty fast! It was very light and didn’t call for those heavy ingredients, but it was still delicious. I can see it was also easy to make. I think technically this is my first baking recipe I did. I will be doing more. All the ingredients came up to about $20. The liners can be purchased at Bed, Bath, and Beyond for sure. They were $10 a bag which contained only 10 liners, so I had to buy two packs. This recipe makes 16 mini pumpkin pies. If you want to make it one huge pie, then you can using the same ingredients and amounts. The only difference is that you’ll use a pie dish instead of a muffin pan. This is how the recipe went! Subscribe to the youtube channel! @Whole MindBodySpirit! Check it out! 🙂
-2 cups raw pecans
-1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
-1/4 cup real maple syrup
-2 tbs coconut oil
-1/4 tsp sea salt
-1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree (2 cups)
-1/2 cup coconut milk cream
-1/2 cup real maple syrup
-1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
-1 tsp vanilla extract
-1/2 tsp sea salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 F
2. Mix in your chopped pecans (I bought this already chopped, you can put them in the food processor if you bought them whole) and shredded coconut. Do not over mix it, just enough where the ingredients can stick together.
3. Add in the maple syrup, coconut oil, and sea salt. Pulse again till it is all combined.
4. Line 16 cup cake liners in a muffin pan. You will need two pans for the extra 4 cake liners.
5. Divide the nut mixture as even as possible for the muffins cups. Press, knead, and shape the crust to stick at the bottom of the liner. You can use your fingers for this.
6. For the filling, use a large mixing bowl to mix in your pumpkin puree, coconut milk/cream, maple syrup, eggs, egg yolk, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla extract, and sea salt.
7. Use a beater/ hand mixer to mix until everything is well combined.
8. Divide the filling as evenly as possible amongst the muffin liners.
9. Pop into the oven for about 30-40 minutes. I did the trick of using a toothpick to see if they are done. If the toothpick comes out with the filling on it or if it isn’t smooth, then they are not done. Also the sides of the mini pie will begin to separate from the liner is also an indication it is done.
10. Transfer them into an airtight Pyrex dish to cool for 6 hours or overnight.
11. When serving, you can either warm up or eat cold. Add a dairy free (almond milk) whip cream and top with cinnamon.
Be sure to reach out if you have any questions or suggestions that you may see in the video! Try this out with your family for the rest of the holidays! Make it for them clean and do not tell them the ingredients you used, it will all taste the same. Promise 🙂 ENJOY AND HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!